Stefani140

Written Among The Stars

I love to read, I love to write, and I love to talk about all things that are the written word.

The Last Wish : Introducing the Witcher
Andrzej Sapkowski, Danusia Stok
A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast for Crows
George R.R. Martin
Progress: 139/834 pages
The Sword and the Dragon - M.R. Mathias Normally this kind of book would be precisely up my alley since fantasy and epic fantasy are some of my favorite genres. However, I refuse to give an author business when they treat readers like children and value their own ego above anything else. Until I read the description on here I didn't even know what it was about, because on B&N and Amazon the description is just a long rant about how great the author is. And after seeing the antics on several websites, including this one, I'd rather play chicken with a lion than read this book, even knowing what its about I just don't care. But just so I can't be accused of trying to attack the book or its "reputation", I'm putting it on this shelf and not giving a star rating...so it won't affect any other ratings or reviews.